Choosing a wealth management firm can be stressful.
Who can I trust? Who is going to give me the best returns? Is anyone really looking after my best interests?
These are all valid questions clients just like you ask all the time. We have some questions of our own. What are your goals? What’s your tolerance for risk? What are you looking for in a wealth manager?
Is it experience, track record, rate of returns, communication?
Our process starts with a consultation, which is free by the way. We sit down with you for about an hour to determine if we are a good fit for each other.
If so, we celebrate with Champagne. Not really, but you may feel like celebrating after making such an important (and wise) decision.
Next, we set up an account with a brokerage firm, which is a third party administrator. You will always have complete control over it. You sign a few documents that give us the ability to allocate your assets.
This is important:
- We don’t sell products or insurance. We manage money.
- We are fee-based, so you can choose to pay by check or you can authorize us to debit only the fee.
- You never lose access to your money or the ability to withdraw your funds.
- Riverplace Capital cannot access your assets. We only allocate it.
- You can fire us at anytime for any reason. It rarely happens but it helps to know this.
Once a quarter we send a newsletter along with a statement showing how we did. If you have questions, give us a call or email and we will address any questions.
Typically, once a year we like to meet in person to discuss how things are going and if we need to make any adjustments. (Changes can be made at anytime throughout the year)